Wednesday 15 January 2014

Sogang 2A Chapter 3 p87

SOGANG Level 2A

Chapter 5


Page 87  

숙제 = ~는 것

Q: 이메일을 쓰는 것 좋아해요? 전화 하는 것 좋아해요? 
A: 이메일을 쓰는 것 좋아해요
This was my first example sentence for my review homework for Sogang 2 A p.87.
So, as I have been using LingRing a bit lately I pasted my first practice sentence, within a few minutes I had a reply from Mr Lee, my Ling Ring Tutor. All was correct, so it seems I had grasped the use of -는 것! Mr Lee threw a question at me so I had one more chance to practice the structure... He asked:
사랑하는 것을 좋아해요? 아님, 사랑받는 것을 좋아해요?
I answered:
저는 사랑하는 것을 좋아해요.

Another LingRing user also offered a useful point - One sentence is better than 2 in the Question, so we should write with a comma (rather than 2 question marks/sentences) I think he meant like this:  
이메일을 쓰는 것 좋아해요, 전화 하는 것 좋아해요? 

Makes perfect sense, I wonder why Sogang make it 2 sentences... maybe to keep it in small chunks of text - easy for the learner?

Either way I am enjoying studying with LingRing - it is so helpful!


No comments:

Post a Comment